Re: A83:BASIC Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83:BASIC Question

On 04-Mar-99, Surth (_surth_@ameritech.net) wrote:

>Is there any way to (inside of a program) take a string and save it as the
>name of
>a List for later reference?
>I have tried simpily saving the string as L String 1   but this will not
work,
>further more the farthest I  have been able to save from a string is:  String
>1
>--> Y1(being the first "Y" function / Variable).
>If anyone out there could help me, please do........

I was just about to tell you that NO WAY, this is ti-basic. But when I
thought about you storing Str1 to Y1 I got an idea... And as you know,
impossible things ARE possible for a coder. =)

Try this:

"LNAME"->Str1
"L"+Str1+"(X)"->Y1           ;the "L" is the list name prefix
Disp Y1(2)                   ;use this to obtain element #2

I don't know how to write to the list though.

Linus

                                                           \\//
                                                          [o][O]
| Linus Akesson                                | http://fly.to/linus.world |
 Note: No micro$oft programs were used in the creation of this message. If
 you are using a micro$oft program to view this message, BEWARE! I am NOT