A83: a funky bug ...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: a funky bug ...

Hallo

thanks for all the help on the ix offsets.

This is the strangest thing I have ever seen....

I have an ASM prog that uses >clear< as an exit key...

So when I press >clear< the prog exits to the home screen but it is kind of
frozen .... no key works except >on< which then put's it to a new mode where
the cursor instead of the full box (ACSI 224) is the no space character (fig
1) (ACSI 241) ...

XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX          x=full
OXOXO         o=empty
XOXOX
OXOXO

You can't type anything but the menu's work. When I chooze something from
the menu it says "memory full"....
So I delete something and then it goes back to the normal mode ... But
crashes if I run a program..

Has anybody seen anything like this ?
My theory is that it screws with some part of the OS which may be useful if
we want to change something in it... of cource if we can control the bug....

What might be causing it ?
I'm not using anything special in the prog only
op1, ix, iy, some romcalls .... nothing unusual

comments sugjestions ....

homonerdicus