Re: A83: Comments

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Comments

In a message dated 1/26/99 10:02:33 PM Central Standard Time, Jkhum98@aol.com
writes:

> Are you proposing we not include any comments
>  that are so obvious, and maybe comment on our intentions of certain spots
in
>  the program are?  Well, that sounds like a good plan.  In some sources I've
>  looked in, in the past, I had not been able to understand what the
> programmer
>  was trying to do, and I found that reading source didnt help me learn ASM
> that
>  much... =P  So maybe people should describe what sections of their code do,
>  and tell how it affects sections later on 'n stuff... =P

Well, my thoughts on it are that the simple comments such as the example you
gave should only be used in programs meant for the begginer-aspiring
programmer.  But, so what?  I'm not annoyed by any of the obvious comments in
programs.  They don't assemble with the program either, so it doesn't take up
any more space - so I say let the people comment on what they want to!! (I
could have just put a period there, but check out the effect of the double
exclamation point.  It gives the impression that I really care about this and
I have a strong standpoint on it.  It turns a seemingly unimportant comment
into a whole new phrase.  What a little punctuation won't do... Hey, maybe you
could add exclamation points to the comments in your programs:  ;loads 1 into
a!!  )
Okay, that was pretty random, but now you know where I stand on program
comments and excalamation points.
-Jared C.
http://come.to/tivault