Re: A83: Comments

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Comments

In a message dated 01/26/99 9:09:00 PM, Dsc984@aol.com writes:

>In a message dated 26-01-99 8:59:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>man_in_the_moon@usa.net writes:
>
><< I'm sure most of us have looked at a source and found it commented with
> statements like "loads 1 into a". Nearly all of us know that: ld a,1
> loads 1 into a. We don't need a comment telling us that. >>
>
>Oh!  So you mean that ld a,1 doesn't load 5 into a????  NOW you tell me
>:P
>
>-David Clamage
>P.S. For all of you who can't tell if someone is making a joke, this was
>one.

Hehe, that was kinda funny... =P   Hmm, well Chris, what was your purpose in
posting a mail about that...?  Are you proposing we not include any comments
that are so obvious, and maybe comment on our intentions of certain spots in
the program are?  Well, that sounds like a good plan.  In some sources I've
looked in, in the past, I had not been able to understand what the programmer
was trying to do, and I found that reading source didnt help me learn ASM that
much... =P  So maybe people should describe what sections of their code do,
and tell how it affects sections later on 'n stuff... =P

--Jason K.