Re: A83: Size comparisons between BASIC and Assembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Size comparisons between BASIC and Assembly

> It's made mostly out of menu, input, and display commands.  Could anyone
give me
> a general idea how much memory I would save (or lose) if I redid the program
in asm?

In my experience, ASM programs are usually about 10%-30% bigger than their
BASIC counterparts (there's many more commands involved to implement routines
in ASM), but 5-20 times faster (depending on your coding and Boolean logic
skills).  However, I'd like to mention that certain things that can be done in
BASIC are a real pain in the arse to implement in ASM (advanced math routines
especially!) but I'm sure that there's at least one person on this mailing
list who can help you out in problem spots.

Then again, the last two times I've answered a question like this I've been
wrong, so you might also want feedback from somebody else ;)