A83: Lower case letters

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Lower case letters

> hl would be loaded with the location of the string in the asm program
> c would be loaded with 32

> tolower:
> 	ld a,(hl)
> 	sub c
> 	ld (hl),a
> 	inc hl
> 	;determine if it's value is 0?
> 	jr z,tolower
> 	ret

   Someone needs to slap me around a bit because this simple little
program seems to be kicking my ass.  I know what the problem is but I
can't seem to fix it.  This program will manipulate Ans but not put
what I want.  I know that it is doing this because it is adding to
font equates...
          65 = A, 97 = a
But I don't think that is how it is supposed to work because it
doesn't.  You can putc it to see what you storing and it displays "a".

.NOLIST
#define equ .equ
#define EQU .equ
#define END .end