Re: A83: Basic Extention Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Basic Extention Program

>>I didnt really understand this, because I thought you were intending
"ASM" to
>>be a List, but then you "Send(9prgmASM" and um...?  Well, I do think that we
>>should use lists, but not just have the list stored in ANS temporarily,
>>because the programmer may want to reuse that list later in the program...
>>Also, if this was for a sprite, we should have the dimensions in the first
>two
>>elements of the list, but not include the coordinates, but rather have them
>>inputted in the Real Variables, since the coordinates my change
frequently...
>>And I think the programmer should memorize what lists they use and which
ones
>>contain what data, well atleast write down what corrosponding list names
>there
>>are... =P
>I had two variables called ASM, one a program and one a list.  It is possble.
>I guess I agree with the coordanates in real variables.
>And I thought that the only list used should be ASM, because how would our
>progarm know what lists it is, without using up more memory to store it
into a
>variable.
>
>>This is a great idea, I immediatly thought that it would waste memory and we
>>should just list the info in a text file, but then what if the programmer is
>>doing this like at school, and doesnt have access to the text file...? Well
>>wait, we would not just need the list of what every included function is,
but
>>what Input is required as well, that would waste a Whole lot of memory... =P
>>how about it being a seperate program, or cant the programmer just print it
>>out...?
>I guess the size would be hefty.  Oh well, that idea's out.
>
>-David
>P.S. We should start assigning tasks to people who want to work on this
>program if it will ever get done.  Also, I might need to reseach how to
access
>variables from asm, I'm still fairly new at programming asm.

This may get kind of confusing, but maybe you could have two versions of
the program/library thingy, one a developer version, with the info, one a
gamer version, without. Simpler, and better, would be to have a separate
program that listed the info, OR you could do like me and print out the
info (in addition to James' tutorials) and carry them to school.

-David Wilson
(A different David)