Re: A83: Re: Registers and UDVs on the TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Registers and UDVs on the TI-83

> Nope. He just said that doing that would result in the wrong answer. The
> problem is that this guy doesn't seem to know if he wants 16bit or 8bit
> variables. My tip to the newbie would be to stick to 8bit vars all the time;
> that means that when initializing the variables to 0, don't use hl but a!

Hey, wow! It worked! Finally 2 + 2 = 4!  Now on to implementing 8-bit
multiplication routines and increment!  (Wait a minute, that's going to suck
even more than THIS...)

> And by the way, who made up this stupid "User Defined Variables" term!? I
> mean - it's just some bytes of data in an allocated/safe area of ram! The
> term 'variable' on the ti-83 refers to something that you can find in the
> symbol table! And the 'user' is NOT the programmer, so it just doesn't make
> any sense!

Hell, I don't know...but the UDV term is sure in widespread use.  Maybe we
should call them "Programmer-Defined Storage Blocks"... :)