A83: Re: PowerOS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: PowerOS

Well...its an 'interesting' idea I suppose...couple of problems I see
however.  First, the tios has its own error handling system, and if you mean
for assembly programs, there wouldn't be a reasonable way to determine what
exactly went wrong (well you could) but why.  If you know something I don't
feel free to mention.
Well, a battery bit is rather pointless for two reasons.  First, the
contrast is a rather good indication of batter life, and second when the
batteries are low, the tios flashes, battery low when you start up the calc.
Having a bit to tell you when memory is low would just waste mem, making the
mem lower =)  I think the current check ram function works fine...
Folders are an acceptable idea I suppose, problem is, there is minimal
reason.  With only 27k (and the way your os is sounding, much less free)
there are only so many programs you can fit on the calc.  It almost doesn't
make sense to have folders if you're only going to have a couple programs in
each.
As for the libraries, the first bit, about only having to have the libraries
you need, wouldn't make sense otherwise, and this is how sos handles it.  As
for it telling you what libraries a game needs, I think that is a bit of a
waste of space when you only have 27k to work with.  I mean, there readme is
there for a reason.  I don't, however, oppose to a seperate program that
would go through the programs and tell what libs are required for each.
(hehe, that way I can delete that prog) ... if you ask me, there is very
little that is needed to be added to sos...(although having just a trailing
0 after the lib name might be nice, but that would kill compatibility)

-Dan