Re: A83: Funny AOL Users! (Not really OT)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 27-Feb-99, Dsc984@aol.com (Dsc984@aol.com) wrote:

>In a message dated 27-02-99 8:49:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>lairfight@softhome.net writes:

>> Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay..

>Where do you get these from?  You seem to have a different one every
time...is
>it a random quote generator or something?
>-David
>"Life is like a box of chocolates, are you cream filled or a rasberry
>troufle?"

Yup, and I wrote it myself (brag brag). =) Really, the idea is _old_ and
there is actually a dedicated tcp/ip port for getting random fortune cookies
(although noone uses it). My program just writes a header followed by a
random fortune cookie from a big text file (where they are separated with
lines containing only "%%") and then in my editor I have the F10 key assigned
to an arexx script (amiga rules!) that will run this program and stick its
output into the editor.

Linus

                                                           \\//
                                                          [o][O]
| Linus Akesson                                | http://fly.to/linus.world |
       You know you've been hacking too long when...
       ...you discover that you're balancing your checkbook in octal.