Re: A83: hex--part II

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: hex--part II

> Read above a bit more -- I said "I think there's an UNSQUISH program", not
"I
> KNOW there's an UNSQUISH program".  Don't get your hopes up too high...

Actually, I apologize for this hasty response.  There apparently isn't an
UNSQUISH program--although I swear that I've heard of one before.  Anyways...

The only way I can think of to un-squish a program is to open up the squished
program with a hex editor, look at each byte's value, and then seperate each
byte into it's ASCII counterpart.  e.g. you see "C9 B2 A1" in the hex,
translate that to "c9b2a1"...
That's definitely tedious (and I doubt it would actually work) but it's the
only way I can think of to un-squish something.

--David