Re: A83: Buffer Draw Routines and a bit more--off subject

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Buffer Draw Routines and a bit more--off subject

> Thats a good idea...Awww man, get a real provider...How do you live with
>  AOL and its crappy connections, busy signals, that 45 minute button and
>  stupid people in the chat rooms? Now a lot of AOLers on this list are
>  part of the 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001% smart AOLers...

Actually, I have two other ISPs--one of them is NetZero--but they're very slow
at times (slower than AOL, believe it or not).  I'm actually waiting for ADSL
service to get here, but...in response to your questions:

1.  I do, somehow.  Ironically, AOL kept on connecting at 12000 bps (!) until
I restarted my computer.  And then I got a 31200 bps connection...but then AOL
died after five minutes, forcing me to retype this whole message. Talk about
crappy service...

2.  Busy signals: See point one.

3.  That 45 minute button: I wrote a little "anti-timer" program that seeks
out the timer window and hits the OK button (wow, like that's hard to do :-)

4. Stupid people: I don't chat--at least not with the stupid people :-)

Sorry for the off-subject post, this was just the easiest way to get things
across.

--David

"We've spent over a half billion dollars to triple capacity.  And now with
56k, connections are faster than ever!"
Yeah right.