A83: sprite prob....(sorry if long)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: sprite prob....(sorry if long)

Ok, my code, I'm basically using James Mathews code for the TI Mouse.
What I did is the part that calls putmse I repeated that with different
sprite (easy enough) to make him walk.  But my problem is that I made
separate moveloops: for each direction he facelike this

mooveloopup:
                    call faceup (XOR routine calling the sprite that
faces up)
                    jp getkey  (goes to get key routine)

I did one for each direction and I call the same sprite for the routine
to keep it from leaving lots of shadows behind (like this  8 8 8 8 8 E)
But when I change direction it doesn't call the previous sprite, but a
different one.  This causes the part that isn't written over to leave
streaks (hope that helps)
I've written two other small programs so I feel pretty comfortable with
ASM (my fist language)
Hopefully this doesn't upset James (too) much.  But for a side note the
sprite is 8X12. Also anybody have a good delay routine that is small?
Mine goes like this (mine all mine all mine)

Delay1:
	call delay2
	call delay2
	call delay2
Delay2:
	ect. to seven?
Delay:
	push af
	inc hl
	dec hl
	pop af
	ret

It gives a good 1/4 sec. it uses somwhere around 42 bytes. could use
jp's but it reduces it 1 byte and makes it go lots faster (not good for
a delay prog)