Re: A83: Problem with sprites

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Problem with sprites

In a message dated 02/14/99 12:52:40 AM, Jared173@aol.com writes:

>In a message dated 2/13/99 10:33:31 PM Central Standard Time, Dsc984@aol.com
>writes:
>
>> To do 12x8, you have to have 2 sprites.  1 that is 8x8 and the other
>that is
>>  4x8.  Then you just display them next to each other.
>>  -David
>>
>Actually, I sorta remember way back when I first wanted to do a sprite
>that
>was bigger than 8x8 I managed to do it by changing a number in Hannes'
>Sprite
>Routine:
>for example the line loop:
>        ld      e,8             ; Line loop
>Can be changed to
>        ld      e,16             ; Line loop
>And if you make your sprite twice as big or according to how many lines
>you
>want to display it works out.
>
>-Jared C.
>http://come.to/tivault

Is that the number of lines Down to go, because I am assuming it doesnt work
if extending the length to go further to the right than 1 byte, that wouldnt
line up the data right, it'd have to be done in byte intervals, so 12 across
wouldnt work.  I dunno, correct me if im wrong, I havent looked at movax's
routines in detail and im just speculating... =P

--Jason K.