Re: A83: Routine Help, Clearing Section of Graph Buffer... =P

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Routine Help, Clearing Section of Graph Buffer... =P

>Whats wrong with this short routine...? =P  I want to be able to clear
the
>first 8 Bytes of Every line of the Graph Buffer, and avoid affecting
the last
>4 Bytes on every line.  This freezes, but does not crash, my calc for
some
>reason. I do not see the problem... :\  I would like some assistence
here
>please, thanks... =P
>
>--Jason K.
>
>Erase_Board:
>	ld hl, PLOTSSCREEN
>	ld de, 5
>	ld bc, 63
>Erase_Loop_1:
>	push bc
>	ld b, 8
>Erase_Loop_2:
>	ld (hl), 0
>	inc hl
>	DJNZ Erase_Loop_2
>	pop bc
>	add hl, de
>	DJNZ Erase_Loop_1
>	ret

  Shouldn't it be "ld de,4". 8+5=13... so your routine is writing to an
area past PLOTSSCREEN causing a crash.
   Also shouldn't it be "ld b,64" instead of "ld bc,63", I don't know
maybe 63 is right, but you should use an 8 bit register.