Re: A83: new TI-83 Site

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: new TI-83 Site

On 02-Feb-99, Dsc984@aol.com (Dsc984@aol.com) wrote:
>  If you look at my site (www.hmph.com/starcraft), then you will see what I
>mean about tables.  Instead of having a frame and 3 seperate html documents
>(index.html, mainframe.html, leftframe.html), you just create a table to make
>it seem like frames.  Sure, some people like to be able to keep the left
links
>there when they scroll, but most don't really care.  Also, on smaller
>resolusions and screens, there may end up being a scroll bar on the left
>frame, and that gets really annoying, why not just have it scroll with main
>document?  Oh well, I guess you can do what you want, but on the page I
looked
>at, it would have been better without frames.

The good thing with frames is that you can have them occupy e.g. the lowest
10 pixels of the display. You can't do that with tables. Anything that has to
do with percentage-of-height-of-display will also need to be done in frames.
And if you WANT that scroller in the middle of the page (like on mine) you'd
need frames. But yes, it is handled in a soooo very inefficient way...

Linus

.--> ____
|    \OO/     -  -- --- ------ Linus Akesson -- http://fly.to/linus.world -.
              Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
              --> MrCookie v1.1 (text/misc/MrCookie.lha) <---