From: <Dsc984@aol.com>
To: <assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 8:53 PM
Subject: A83: Problem with a program

Hi,
I'm trying to make a program for my prob and stat class.  What it would do is
you would input the number of possible numbers (for example, a 2 for a coin
and a 6 for a die) and then the number of times to get the random number (for
example, flip the coin 5000 times).  The reason this would be nice is because
the BASIC program we use takes a LONG time to complete (someone used the
program to flip a coin 100,000 times and it took ~4 hours to complete).  I'm
having a lot of trouble writing this program, mostly because I need to
support the large number of times to loop (the SOS routine for number input I
use stores the answer into OP1, which barely supports a number over 2000,
much less 100,000)  and a good way of giving the data (I can't exactly list
36 numbers on the screen).  At first, I tried to have it store it into L1,
but that was slow, innefficiant, and I couldn't get it to work :(  If anyone
has a good idea for this, it'd be much appreciated.
-Rangsk
"Man who put face in punchbowl get punch in nose."
"Man who stands on toilet is high on pot."

Follow-Ups: References: