Re: A83: Re: Rom image addressing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

--- David Phillips <david@acz.org> wrote:
> Rom page 0 is $0000-$3fff, then the rest of the
> pages can be from $4000-7fff
> or $8000-$bfff, though the ROM itself only uses the
> first slot.

  Are they in any specific order like rom page 1 is
$4000-7fff, 2 is $8000-$bfff, 3 is $4000-7fff, ect...
or they ordered different?  This would seem the most
logical.

> You're
> really going to need an 86 specific dissassembler if
> you want to have much
> luck.

 Do you mean a 83 specific?  If not why? I wouldn't
really think so, z80 is z80.

> It would be much easier if you are looking
> for specific stuff to use
> VTI, that way you can step through the code, see all
> the registers,
> variables, memory, etc.

  Ya I've already been this route, I just wanted to do
something new. I was writing a dissassembler and say
'Hey why not dis the rom?'.  The dissassembler works
pretty flawlessly with a few exceptions, so the rom
really shouldn't be a big problem, I just have to cut
up the rom image and do the different pages seperately
to advoid the address conflicts.

Jimmy Conner

=====
»      TIMagic@goatse.cx     «