Re: A83: Rom version 1.10

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Rom version 1.10

In accordance with the prophecy, Sebastiaan Roodenburg uttered:

> Hi!

> I've posted the same question a few days ago (my brother also got a
> Ti83), but didn't got response...

> The problem is the FastCopy routine (direct LCD write), used in ZGFXL
> and included in some games (ztetris 1.4, 1.2 uses ZGFXL) and routines
> (Grayscale)...

> Someone else posted a same message a while ago, and, as far as I can
> remember, Joe modified his ZGFXL lib to work with the new rom, but i
> can't find 'm...

> If someone knowes more...

> I'm interested too...

> grtx,

> Sebastiaan Roodenburg
> sebastiaan@rimsystems.nl

The 1.10 TI-83 uses a Z180 processor instead of the usual Z80 clone. That
means some instructions take fewer clock cycles to run, which makes the
processor go faster than the LCD controller can handle. If a program uses a
custom LCD_Busy routine, it probably won't work on a 1.10 system.

Linus

   - Linus Akesson ------------------------- http://linusworld.cjb.net -

                     Geneology: chasing your own tale.