RE: A83: Running ASM programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A83: Running ASM programs

>   Because some people don't like to use shells such as AShell83 or
> SOS.. and
> besides, not all ASM programs are compatible with these shells. It was
> just
> a suggestion. If I can work out how SOS runs programs I might make a
> new
> ZASMLOAD, if people will use it.. it's just that I've got my own
> projects to
> work on at the moment.

Hi!

Running programs the way SOS, AShell or TI-Explorer do it, in't that
hard:

It copy's a litle routine to CMDSHADOW, which swaps the program with the
memory at 9327h, calls 9327h and swaps the stuff back....

So when you make a small ZASMLOAD-Like program, you'll have the same
problems as using a shell:
- CMDSHADOW can't be used
- Some files can not be accessed (that' why INSTALL is used for lib's:
to mkae sure these can be accessed)
- When your program is stopped by the user (pressing [ON] at an
_GetKey), lot's of memory is screwed up: the program is replaced by
other data and the other data is replaced by the program --> one big
mess in memory...

Hope this helpes!

grtx,

Sebastiaan Roodenburg