From: Mike Smith <choad_22@hotmail.com>
To: <assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 1999 11:39 PM
Subject: A83: Official Announcment from Hays.

> First of all, Mr. Rabeler, Hays does not see you as one of our enemies.
As
> fas as we can tell, you are one of the brightest members of the Ti
Community.

Why thank you!  Thats a compliment, right? :)

> Furthermore, we hate ticalc.org as much as the next man, which
> is why we don't mind using their stupidity to our advantage.  Their
archives
> are so bad, did you know they put up a hacked version of Grand Theft Auto
> with Kirk Meyers name on it?  Come on now, you know for those of you on
this

They've made worse mistakes than that, trust me. :)  I don't tell them about
their mistakes anymore, because I refuse to be told again by any incompetent
ticalc.org coordinator that the archivers are testing programs, reading the
docs, and doing a good job - when in fact they are doing just the opposite.

Anyway, did they ever discover that program with Kirk's name on it?

> board who mock Hays and call us stupid, yet stand up for ticalc.org and
it's
> members, Hays sure isn't suffering at all.  We have become some of the
most
> popular figures in the Ti Community, even if we are seen as 'code thefts'
> wich are completly false accusations.  And for those of you who are

If you actually told the truth, you would have more credibility.

> convinced we couldn't figure out the basics of Assembly if our lives
> depended on it, how do you explain the so called duckhunt and ztetris
> 'hacks' that took place?  Although those were both completly original

You've only proven you can edit the source, replace "Jimmy Mardell" with
"Hays Game Co.", and then recompile it.  I must say, even a baby could do
that.

> programs.  And to say we can't even code at all, what about Doorways '98,
> Hays Safe '99, Messenger '98, and all our other programs?  You can't call
us
> stupid when we continue to beat the system time and again.  And by the
way,

So you can code TI-BASIC, so what?

> we know we aren't a real company, but did you know that we can call
> ourselves whatever we please?

Sure, you always have the 1st amendment, as long as you don't infringe on
any copyrights/trademarks/etc.

Bryan