Re: A83: Re: HAYS (be sure to read this one to the end)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: HAYS (be sure to read this one to the end)

In accordance with the prophecy, Bryan Rabeler uttered:

>> DOS in the c64 days actually meant Disk Operating System, and was the code
>> being run on the internal processor in the disk drive. The c64 disk drive
> was
>> intelligent, i.e. you would send it a filename and the actual disk drive
>> would create a file with that name, so no external file system was needed.

> What else has DOS ever stood for?  (and don't say denial of service.. ;) )

It's always stood for Disk Operating System, but on the c64 it actually meant
it.

Linus

- --- Linus Akesson ------------------------ http://linusworld.cjb.net --- -

       Earlier, I didn't have time to finish anything. This time I w

Follow-Ups: References: