Re: A83: Grbuf again

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Grbuf again

bomber912@hotmail.com writes:

> hey,
>
>  A while back Jason_K, whom I thank, posted a routine that copies the LCD
>  the GBUF ...
>
>  LCD_To_GBUF: ; credits = Ian Graf
>   ld hl, Plotsscreen
>   ld a, $07
>   call LCDBusy
>   out ($10), a
>   ld a, $80
>   ld d, a
>
>  Read_Loop1:
>   call LCDBusy
>   out ($10), a
>   ld a, $20
>   call LCDBusy
>   out ($10), a
>   call LCDBusy
>   in a, ($11)
>   ld bc,12*256+$11
>
>  Read_Loop2:
>   call LCDBusy
>   INI
>   jr nz, Read_Loop2
>   inc d
>   ld a,d
>   cp $BF
>   jr nz, Read_Loop1
>   ld a, $05
>   call LCDBusy
>   out ($10), a
>   ret
>
>  I didn't look at it until today and I don't get what the lcdbusy stands for
>  So I took the complete source of capture 83 by Ian Graf and, due to my
>  no-knoledge-about-interrupts don't get it now either...
>
>  Could someone explain it to me because the code is't commented enough...
(my

>  opinion) I have attached it ...
>  And is there another LCD to GBUF routine that someone could post ?
>
>  thanks.
>
>  Q2: For advanced programmers...
>  I was wondering, how many times do you have to correct some code you
>  write... I mean, to me it takes me 10 minutes to work up the logical suite
>  and write the code and then at least 1 hour of debugging.  And after 1
hour
>  of work I always come here and ask you for help.... What about you what
>  pourcentage of your time do you spend in debugging?
>
>  About the unsubscription thing.... Yes it is possible to unsubscribe
someone

>  else, just read the infoletter you received when you joined this list ....
>
>  could post it if you don't have it ....
>  the fact that they haven't replied means that thay no longer have acces to
>  the list.... until the next time they subscribe.
>
>  thanks

Q1: I was kinda late in answering this, but other people covered it well. And
that routine I gave you is probably the best one there is, you cant get much
more efficient than that. Youre welcome, that I posted it while ago, but I
direct thanks to Ian Graf again, for the routine...

Q2: Debugging for me, I cant say is easy. On the latest project Im working on
for the TCPA, I had been debugging code for three days, that included
rewriting it several times using different methods, to make it work how I
want. When I have a sequence I know is the method I want to use, and it
messes up even though the code looks right to me when I scan it mentally,
that takes about an hour to debug like you said. VTI helps alot with that
process, and also trapping sections of code with Pauses (I dont like using
breakpoints). It is only when I figure out what is worng, then add something
new, and end up back in the debugging stage... =P

Jason_K