Re: A83: Hayes ...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Hayes ...

In accordance with the prophecy, Jkhum98@aol.com uttered:

> In a message dated 8/4/99 12:41:50 PM Central Daylight Time,
> bomber912@hotmail.com writes:

>> I thauth someone was going to bann those guys from Hayes from this list but
>>  nobody did... so I did it...
>>
>>  Well actually you can not ban anybody... I unsuscribed them.
>>  choad_22@hotmail.com
>>  480de3d1.24a30c57@aol.com
>>  I remember those were the two guys bugging me, were there any others ?
>>

>>  For future reference... if someone bugs you, just e-mail
>>  Majordomo@lists.ticalc.org
>>  with the following command in the body of the e-mail....
>>  unsubscribe assembly-83 <the guy's e-mail>
>>

>>  chao
>>
>>  ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()    ()()()()()()
>>  () www.homonerdicus.cjb.net  ()    ()visit me()
>>  ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()    ()()()()()()

> That may have worked, but Majordomo might also send a confirmation letter if
> the person wants to unsubscribe, then it'd require that person to send it
> back to Majordomo, which these losers at Hays prolly wont, and continue to
> stay on the list... well whatever, I just know Im never releasing any source
> because of people like them. cya...

> Jason_K

I don't think majordomo sends unsubscription confirmation messages, though
some other list servers might.

However, unsubscribing someone else is NOT very polite at all, no matter how
badly they have been behaving. That should be up to the list manager, and if
the list manager decides that the culprits may stay, they should be allowed
to stay. At least we haven't been mail bombed by them yet... (and if we ever
are, we can take legal action against them, which would be fun. =))

What if someone has been faking these mails from other people's accounts (not
very likely, but anyway)? What if choad_22@hotmail.com and
480de3d1.24a30c57@aol.com are two innocent guys who didn't realize these
Hayes postings came from their addresses? Then you just unsubscribed two
innocent people, and all they will notice in the near future is that this
list will become rather silent.

Although this was an unlikely example, the bottom line is stay away from
unsubscribing other people!

Linus

- --- Linus Akesson ------------------------ http://linusworld.cjb.net --- -

   "Parsifal -- the kind of opera that starts at six o'clock and after it
   has been going three hours, you look at your watch and it says 6:20."
                                                        -- David Randolph

Follow-Ups: References: