RE: A83: Resize a program...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A83: Resize a program...

> In a message dated 8/2/99 9:55:43 AM Central Daylight Time,
> Sebastiaan@rimsystems.nl writes:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> >  I want to resize a file from within a program, for dynamicly memory
> >  allocating.
> >  To increse the filesize of an file with 20 bytes, i've wrote the
> >  folowing code:
> >
> >  <snip>
> >
> >  When i run this program, the file 'TEST' gets 20 bytes larger, but
> not
> >  the way i want it: it writes a new size-word 20 bytes before the
> start
> >  and updates the vat, but the insertmem doesn't work: it just
> overlaps a
> >  file/data before prgmTEST...
> >
> >  Can someone tell me what's wrong or help me with an working
> resizer????
> >
> >  Thanx for any help,
> >
> >  Sebastiaan Roodenburg
> >  sebastiaan@rimsystems.nl
>
> I have never worked with the _insertmem and _delmem commands, so I
> cant help
> you there, but I may be able to provide an alternative. If all you
> need is
> some extra Ram space, then you may just want to create an external
> program
> with the desired size you want, and delete that prog later, instead of
>
> messing with the size of your prog... Unless you are doing this to
> experiment
> and learn how to resize a prog, I wouldnt know how to do that, I dont
> see
> myself ever using such a concept though, possibly writing an oncalc
> assembler
> that has to resize the source prog constantly, but we'll see later...
> Sorry I
> couldnt be more of help... cya.
>
> Jason_K

That won't work: I'm using the external file for storing a list of data
(file names)... I want to be able to add a file to the list every time i
want... I can create a new file, copy the other file into the new file,
add the stuff, delete the old file and rename the new file... but when
it's a large file you need lots of free ram...

grtx,

seb.
Warning