A83: TI and their Calc OSs.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: TI and their Calc OSs.

Hehe cool analogy!!...well, here's my ¥2.  How many people out there would
be willing to write the routines necessary to display a list of programs
that are menu selectable like the 83?  Or a graph screen, or a table
system...these things are *relatively* simple (I think...Pat?), but it
takes an incredible amount of patient.  Select and run a program on your
83, and think about all the assembly which must be going on..."daaaaaamn"
sound be your thoughts.

OS's like SOS are cool, but they're Windows 95 a la Ti-83...you still need
DOS.  Anyone feel like writing DOS?...nah, I don't think so!    This aside,
I REALLY like the idea, but I have a feeling people (if they made it) would
most likely charge for it...AND if you have multiple OS's, then
compatibility would be a problem.

I have no complaints about the current Ti-OS apart from:
	1.)  No scrolling Menu( support in BASIC.
	2.)  Has none of the solvers etc, the 82 has. (85?)
	3.)  Some of the graphing functions are a little awkward.
	4.)  All those financial functions seem redundant, IMO...
Apart from that...its an AMAZING calc, and I like the OS.

Mah, ne...that's what I think :)

Later,

James Matthews (matthews@tkb.att.ne.jp)

ICQ: 7413754