A83: Re: Assembly-83 Digest V1 #466

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: Assembly-83 Digest V1 #466

>Is it possiable to make a interupt-based program call another program,
>and have the program work normaly?  I know that from within the interupt
>program you have to do everything from direct access to the calc, but
>can it call programs that use the calc's functions?

no. one, interrupts are supposed to only take a fraction of a second.
running an entire program would definately cause a crash. two, even if a
seperate program is running, the calculator would still be subject to
all the normal problems. because, after all the program would be running
on the same calculator.

>Also is it possiable to make the calculator think a key was pressed.
>(it wasent pressed, but make the TI-OS think it was)

yes. the normal interrupt routine ($0038) checks for key presses, and if
it detects any they are stored in a memory location. on the 82 its at
$8000. the only problem is there are also many other factors. the
translated scancode of key currently pressed, the flag if more than one
key is pressed, and the countdown until keyrepeat. i don't know what are
legal values for these locations, but i bet pat does (he worked on the
83 if you didn't know).