A83: RE: Edit-locking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: RE: Edit-locking

>... 3 words: read mathews tutorials...

  4 words: Enough about the tutorials. Any ASM question asked on this
list gets that response. Rather boring, no wonder that Linus guy left.

   I read his tutorial before sending my post and got this out of it:

If I take out the "all program" stuff from his tutorial:

  ld hl,NameProg
  rst 20h
  call _chkfindsym  ;just this prog not Progptr

  ld	a, (hl)	;Get type.
  and	%00011111	;Mask out

  ld   a,06h		;Load protected.
  ld   (hl),a		;Change it!

skip1:
  dec	hl		;Past T
  dec	hl		;Past DAL
  dec	hl		;Past DAH
  ld	b, (hl)	;To the size!
skip2:
  dec	hl
  djnz	skip2
  ret

   It works, but my real question is how do I make a lock-protected
program without doing all that crap after the program is made. Why can't
I simply set the prog type to 6 when it is created? That won't work :(
    Sam