Re: A83: ZASMLOAD...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: ZASMLOAD...

Yeah, but most people describe it as just send the prog and ZASMLOAD to
their calcs and run them like:

	"XXXX
	Send(9prgmZASMLOAD

Where XXXX= Program to run's name

Don't worry, Linus is just more advanced than the rest of us (seriously,
not as a joke)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<+>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
       See ya,
       Mastermind

       http://www.bigfoot.com/~mastermind5

>On 20-Oct-98, yean yean wrote:
>
>>Hello everybody
>
>>I'm beginning to learn 83asm, and that's cooool!!!
>>I have a question... maybie stupid for you guys????!
>>What's "ZAMSLOAD" for and how can I use it? (if I need it)
>
>Normally, when you write asm programs, you write them as hexadecimal
>digits
>into the program editor. Then when they're loaded, every pair of
>digits forms
>1 byte. This makes the programs twice as big as they could have been.
>
>But if you store the asm program into a program file as plain binary
>code
>(not possible on-calc, but you can do it on the computer and send it
>over the
>link port) you can't Send(9 the stuff. However, you could have a small
>program written as hexadecimal digits, which runs a larger program
>stored as
>binary data (for example ZSPZA in spaze invaders). You could then make
>this
>"loader" work with more than one particular program. One idea would be
>specifying the name of the binary program in one of the string
>variables, or
>in Ans, and then Send(9'ing the loader.
>
>And voilą: ZASMLOAD.
>
>Linus

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]