Re: A83: Re: Where is...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Where is...

I have an example.  Suppose you wanted to convert a prog that stores a
lot of information in sfae  RAM areas to a program that uses writeback,
you could use it.  See below.  It would use say 500 bytes of SAVESSCREEN:

WORKSPACE	= SAVESCREEN	;You would delete this line
BlahBlah	= WORKSPACE
BlahBlah2	= WORKSPACE+1
...and so on...
Data		= WORKSPACE+499

...Program code...

Workspace:
 .ds 500

>I believe I used it in DStar to save the current game.
>Anyway, lets say I wanted to have an 8x8 game matrix and the levels
>were
>stored at level_data. I could do:
> ld bc,(current_level-1)
> ld hl,level_data-64
> ld de,64
>selectLevel:
> add hl,de
> djnz selectLevel
> ld bc,64
> ld de,matrix
> ldir
>matrix:
> .ds 64
>
>Of course this would be stupid since I could just use a safe ram area
>rather
>than wasting 64 bytes of the calculators memory, but just an
>example...
>
>Joe Wingbermuehle
>http://www.usmo.com/~joewing/

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]