Re: A83: Re: Where is...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Where is...

In a message dated 10/17/98 12:05:16 PM, lairfight@softhome.net writes:

>If you only need the memory as long as the program is running (which is
>often the case), you can just use an insertmem/delmem pair, inserting
>memory at the end of your program. Then have a label at the end of the
>program, and use it to address the allocated memory.

I don't quite understand this... You have to be reading this data for
_Somewhere_ and if I'm not talking about external files, then wouldn't the
data just be located under a label in a series of ".db"s at the end of your
program, and then it just takes a process to read this data how ever... Why
are you needing to put this into RAM again, Phelan? How will it save memory,
if its already there in your program...? Linus, what's an example program,
that I can see what your talking about, with this insertmem/delmem stuff?
																--Jason K.