Re: A83: Macintosh Graphlink

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Macintosh Graphlink

All is down there...

Jkhum98@aol.com wrote:

>> 1. Get the TI Graphlink cable and get a Mac
>>    modem cable.
>
>Why not use the cable adaptor that comes with the GraphLink?

Well, if he bought the CableOnly Package like I did (which is about 15 bucks
cheaper), then it doesnt come with the needed adapters, and you can just get
the right one at a store somewhere...

I didn't know that, TI must be cheap.

>>    Make sure to put the TI-83 font in the system folder!
>
>That's not too important

Yup, its not really... Only if you'd use that font in your word processor, or
something, but why not install that font file? Its there... =P

I installed it anyways too, I think without it, the little fake calc on screen will have messed up buttons, but for sending, who cares!

>> 3. Download the programs you want to send to your
>>    calc and uncompress them, and change their file
>>    type and creater codes to 83P, TI83 using Resedit.
>
>ResEdit's the only way to go!

Ok, is that an Opinion because TIAutoType IS out there...?  And I think its
MUCH easier to use... Maybe theres a different version of it than the one I
have, since I have a Power Mac, but mine is a Drag 'n Drop program, so it is
Very simple (which would be My opinion, if ya wanna know... =P )

Sure it's an opinion. Actually,  I don't need TIAutoType or ResEdit because when I download the zip files I use ZipIt to unzip them. I found out it uses InternetConfig's extension mapping so I mapped .83g, .83p, .83i, etc. to the type and creator. Now it's fully automated! (I also have PC Exchange to automatically identify these files off of PC disks.)

>> 4. Plug the serial end of the modem cable into either the
>>    printer port or the modem port, and plug the 25 pin end
>>    of the Graphlink cable into the other end of the modem cable.
>>    Make sure no other applications are using the serial port you
>>    chose.
>
>Only one port on my Duo

Ok, well thats Your computer... :)

Yep and it rules! (Even though it's old ;-) ) (Duo 280c)
>> 9. Click Send, (or Done - I can't remember which it is :)
>> 10. Click Close
>
>It flies through the sending procedure and fills up the bar, but nothing
>shows up on the calc! (Older unsquished progs do work, though)

Hmm, Im not sure about this one. Everything works just fine for me. Ive never
experienced that, so you may have to consult TI Themselves... ;)

  I think I'll try it on my Power Mac and see what happens, or maybe my Mac SE! ;-) It could be that the Mac GraphLink just doesn't like my one serial port situation. When ASM progs first came out, I could send them to my calc perfectly. When squishing began, it couldn't send squished apps. Basically, it does the same think to a squished prog as it would do if you tried to send in a Word document. (Although I also had a Duo 230 w/Sys 7.5.5 way back when... Now I have OS 8.1...)

Thanks,
Nick

p.s. sorry if any PC users are getting indigestion from reading more than one sentence about a Mac! ;-)