Re: A83: Macintosh Graphlink

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Macintosh Graphlink

>> 3. Download the programs you want to send to your
>>    calc and uncompress them, and change their file
>>    type and creater codes to 83P, TI83 using Resedit.
>
>ResEdit's the only way to go!

Typer is much better.  You make a drag and dropp app just for 83 progs.

>> 4. Plug the serial end of the modem cable into either the
>>    printer port or the modem port, and plug the 25 pin end
>>    of the Graphlink cable into the other end of the modem cable.
>>    Make sure no other applications are using the serial port you
>>    chose.
>
>Only one port on my Duo

yeah, but if you have new system software your computer emulates two ports.
You only have one physical port though.  :)

>> 5. Open the Graphlink software, and check File:Preferences
>>    to make sure that the serial port you chose is selected.

You can't select anything other than the serial port.  :)

>> 6. Turn on the TI-83 and plug the Graphlink cable into it.
>> 7. Choose Link:Send to make the sending dialogue box appear.
>> 8. Find the files you want to send in the left list, select
>>    them, and click Add.
>> 9. Click Send, (or Done - I can't remember which it is :)
>> 10. Click Close
>
>It flies through the sending procedure and fills up the bar, but nothing
>shows up on the calc! (Older unsquished progs do work, though)
>
>> PS Don't open squished progs in the Graphlink software. It
>> gives my computer fits.
>
>It pops up in Macsbug with an error #25, most of the time I just do an
>"es" to force quit. Then I use CommCloser to close the serial port that
>was left jammed open and restart the app, sometimes the entire system
>freezes!

Atleast its not a NT or 98.  :)  It would crash on its own.