Re: A83: Re: I am new

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: I am new

8 bit numbers range from 0-255
16 bit numbers go till 65534 I think..
that's a matter of math.. take the binary values.. i think it goes like

2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256
something like that.. that's 1 byte.. max is 256.. bah.. i don't know how
to explain :)  a 16 bit number can hold an 8 bit number.. Let's see.. for
highscores, use 16 bit.. for x and y coords, 8 bit would work.. depends on
what you are doing.
								-ahmed

At 08:52 PM 10/11/98 EDT, you wrote:

>Hey, I am the new guy...I could make a web page for you of the 53
>tutorials...and while I am making the page I might learn something from them.
>So why is 450 a 16 bit number and 4 is a 8 bit number and what is the
>difference and why does it matter? Not to sound, well, how I sound but I am
>just wondering.

Ahmed El-Helw
ahmed@ticalc.org
http://www.ticalc.org