Re: A83: Would it be...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Would it be...

On 09-Oct-98, Phelan Wolf wrote:

>Would it be usefull for an on-calc dissasembler.  I think I would be
>able to do it through a table of opcodes, and at certain opcodes it
>would check again for the next instruction.  I'm sure though it could be
>done.

>-Phelan 'Amen' Wolf

Yes it could be done, but nobody would use it. Apart from the memory wasting
part, why would you have a disasm dump on the calc when you have to search,
search/replace, jump to line, change files, view several files at the same
time etc. all the time?

My first z80 disassembly ever (except by hand) was ZSPCA (151 bytes), and
that disassembly is >2k! Yeah, you could have a realtime disassembler but
then it wouldn't be possible to add comments and labels.

Linus