Re: A83: Re: Bugs in Sos v1.5

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Re: Bugs in Sos v1.5

On 09-Oct-98, Miles Raymond wrote:
>One thing I have to add to your list of bugs is that when I had nothing but
>SOS on my calc, repeatedly turning it on/off really fast locked up my calc,
>but who is stupid enough to do that in real life?

>-Miles Raymond

The User. =) You always have to consider users doing weeeird stuff, that's
what they're for. But you all knew that, of course.

Linus

PS. (not particularly a reply to this msg) That includes checking for split
screen mode, restoring all flags you change, checking for low memory
situations, checking and relying on user preferences like contrast level,
output mode etc., not using names that users may want to change, like prgmA
or something, (boy am I picking on Joe today.. =)) accepting that the user
may have entered one or more y= equations etc. etc.