A83: Re: Atten: James Matthews

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re: Atten: James Matthews

> Minus: meaning (I assume) less than zero. Not less the compared number.
> But since the accumulator is only 8 bit.. how can you have a negative number?
> Or is it simply a case of it being less than?

Actually, to tell you the truth, I'm not too sure :)...what I assume is it checks for the sign flag (bit 7).

> I have also been using the 'carry' command after jump and have found that
> it works well as a 'less than' statement conversely I have been increasing
> the accumulator and using the nc statement as a 'greater than' statement
> with a good deal of success. Any comments on these practices?

IMO, if it works, great!  That's assuming you're not doing something that's 10 times larger and slower than the conventional
way...but they way you're doing the "less than" seems to be fine.  That's cool, never thought of that before.

If you liked that tutorial, check out the rest...that's only one of 53 :)...YES, I will release them by the end of the day, I
promise!  I'll mail you all...

Later,

James.