Re: A83: productive progs: printing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

In a message dated 11/20/98 1:30:23 AM, jgkarneges@ucdavis.edu writes:

>Actually, if you are using a parallel link cable, I'm sure you could make
>a program that would print out on a nearby printer.   IE, type your essay
>on the calc in first period and then between 1st and 2nd (assuming it's due
>2nd period) go to the library and hook up w/ a printer.  Of course, you could
>just upload the file to the computer and print, but that requires the
>software to be installed (the TI winlink) and some school libraries have
>protection against such installs.
>
>-Justin Karneges [Infiniti]

Ok, good point there. So Justin, are you in favor of programs like these be
made on the calculator? Well, I changed my thinking a little bit, I guess...
Ok go ahead and make something like this, HeyDude27...  I think it be pretty
cool to see what could be accomplished in trying to put a wordprocessor and
spreadsheet on a calculator... Hey, well the 86 has that one called CSpread
that was recently released, and I was pretty impressed, although its fine to
have because of the large memory capacity of the 86, but on the 82/83, I dont
think so... I dont mean to discourage an idea, but before, I was trying to
point out some of its unrealisticness... Hmm, what the hell, go for it! :)
														--Jason K.