Re: A83: Noprogs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Noprogs

>  I was wondering if you could explain how the storing of the first
>letter of the names is done in your "noprogs" program.  It looks kinda
>interesting and it would help me out a lot.  I tried a modification of
>it but couldn't get it to work.

that code extracts the character from the character table and renames
the program. the character table works like this. when you hide a
program, the first character in the name is changed to a '(' and
appended to the end of the character table (the end is marked by a null
byte, 0). when you protect show (unhide) a program the first character
of the name is extracted from the start of the table and the table is
shrunk down. it is a pretty complex, but it is really as simple as first
in first out (yes i know it's actually LIFO, but not in this case).