Re: A83: C compiler for TI83!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: C compiler for TI83!

Generally speaking, high level languages generate sloppy un-optimized
code that ttakes up more memory than fully-optimized hand-coded programs.
 Because of the 83's space limitations, I don't think it would be a good
idea to use a C-Compiler

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<+>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
       See ya,
       Mastermind

       http://www.bigfoot.com/~mastermind5

>Hi all,
>
>I have come across a "Small C" compiler for Z80. It would be entirely
>possible to convert the routines to allow easy  C to assembly for
>TI83
>calculator programs, with all the standard C I/O functions and some
>graphics
>fns included. The catch is that at the moment this C compiler doesn't
>support floating point data types etc.. which makes it rather limited
>when
>it comes to programming games, etc.
>
>The thing is, if I converted the routines to work with the TI83 would
>anyone
>actually find it useful?
>
>Please give me your opinions and if I get enough positive feedback
>I'll go
>ahead and convert the compiler!
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Ben.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]