Re: A83: Attention Macintosh users!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Attention Macintosh users!

>>In a message dated 98-03-23 22:14:43 EST, you write:

>>>  >compiler is needed!! Please, if you can make one for a mac do it!
>>>  >~Ilya
>>IIya can't you just do it like on the pc with one of the shells that runs pc
>>dos stuff?
>The're pretty expesive, I've enquired about the prices.

Actually, Virtual PC by Connectix runs at about $150.  The only problem
is it's very slow.  Another good emulator is SoftWindows.  I forget who
it's made by, but it runs a little faster.  If you're looking for an
actual PCI card then there's the OrangePC card.  You can put up to 256 MB
of PC RAM into it and it comes in speed of up to 200 MHz.  The only
problem is the cost.  If you have a slot for a DOS card then Apple sells
their DOS cards for around $600.  I think I saw a used one for sale for
about $100 at www.classmac.com.

--Brian