A83: To the hot shots???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: To the hot shots???

OK I have a problem. This program won't compile. What it does is put the
text from Str1 (as in the basic string) and put it into hl, ready for
display. (This information is handy for those of you wanting to use other
basic variables such as programs etc.) Now it compiles alright, but when it
comes to using lnk83 it dosn't work. It gives me the message Not TI-83
compadable or something similar. Does any one have any suggestions? Oh I
thought I might use a different lnk83 converter that also squishes the file
and write protects. Would this work? I'd try it right now but I'm tired. Any
way here's the code.....

To get a string ( ex : Str5 ), you need to :
* set OP1 contents to all zeroes
* set OP1 contents to the variable name ( in this case : 04 AA 04, for Str1
04 AA 00, for Str9 04 AA 08, for Str0 04 AA 09, and so on )
* call the lookup procedure

This will be :

_chkfindsym    .equ    442Ah
_ErrUndefined   .equ 467Bh
_zeroOP1        .equ 428Eh

        CALL _zeroOP1
        LD   HL, OP1
        LD   (HL), 4
        INC  HL
        LD   (HL), 0AAh
        INC  HL
        LD   (HL), 4
; OP1 = 04 AA 04 : Str5
        CALL _chkfindsym                ; lookup Str5 : DE = ptr to data, HL
= ptr to SYM-TBL entry
        JP   C, _errUndefined           ; if not found, CF will be set (this
might be the problem but I'm not sure)
        EX   DE, HL                        ; if you want HL to point on the
data

And this should work. However, you'll probably get 'wrong' symbols as ²,
..., because when it displays a string, the TI-83 converts each of its
element in a token, and decodes it.

Oh by the way, this might be a good thing to put in a tutorial if we can get
it going.

From
                          ''~``
                        ( o o )
 /  Steven Conway                         \
[   Conway@ssc.net.au                 ]
                 (_/