Re: A83: Penguins

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: Penguins

Ever heard of disassembling?

But on the other hand, most of the stuff in penguins is uninteresting, like
level loading, which Bill probably spent the most of the time coding. The main
thing about penguins would be the smooth scrolling, but I think that actually
knowing that it can be done proves that it isn't that hard to do yourself. I
mean, there are no tricky video chips in the ti-83, everything's just banging
on that boring old bitmapped 96*64 monochrome lcd driver! Running penguins
proves that the 6Mz system is capable of doing smooth scrolling in a
reasonable speed - you don't have to disassemble anything at all. (But I guess
that's just me, then... =))

Linus