Original text

From: Pat Milheron <pmilheron@ti.com>, on 6/8/98 12:12 PM:
To: assembly-83@lists.ticalc.org

To all -    My name is Pat Milheron and I was the lead software engineer for
the TI-83 and
         also the one who pushed for opening up the 83 for assembly language
programming.
         I understand your frustrations about not having more information about
the 83
         system routines, but you need to understand that TI had never promised
full
         disclosure of information. If you haven't read the introduction to
assembly
         language programming for the 83 at our web site I suggest you do. It
clearly
         states what our role will be as far as support is concerned. I have
augmented
         my original documentation and also answered many questions that have
gotten into
         some of the non TI documentation.
	    I have scanned through the postings on Assembly-83 concerning the
petition
 	 and I have a few replies. TI doesn't have a resource assigned to
supporting
	 any end user assembly programming for any model, including the 86
which is also
         another project of mine. I do however scan the incoming requests for
both the 83
         and the 86, but I also am working on other things, I do this to keep
an eye
         open for some 'major' gaps in what I believed to be sufficient
documentation and
	 I do not know of any outstanding 'gaps' at this time, if I am wrong I
would like
         to receive a 'wish list' that is a collection of what you all think
the gaps are.
	 Secondly generating the documentation is not just cutting and pasting
from the
         source code. There is a massive amount of assumed background system
information
         that is not documented with each routine in the ROM. The overhead for
TI to support
         system development via E-mail would be huge in the resource area. And
finally,
 	 please don't engage in a bombardment campaign, nothing good could come
from that.
	    I have subscribed to Assembly-83 and will keep an eye on what's
going on.

Later,
Pat