A83: Many Idealistic Questions And Stuff...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Many Idealistic Questions And Stuff...

	Can somebody explain everything about the 24 system flags that are displayed
in the "Basic TI Design Information" section of TI's Documentation, and that
are available for ASM programming? How do you access these and is there a
defining process or you are just supposed to remember which is which that you
are using...? What's the point of using them, and some examples of their
purpose would be nice, but also, when are they erased or something? Like when
the program ends, or certain calls reset or destroy these defined flags...?
	Hmm, also, is it possible to overwrite part of the TI83's ROM temporarily? I
know some people would say that this would just be wrong and turn the calc
into a Gameboy, but I don't use certain stuff like everything in the Finance
Menu, and would rather use that space for other purposes... What about
creating new menus for ourselves, is that realistic? And by the way, what are
all the calls that are associated with menus? How to define them, set up the
jumps, and have the option to extend more than 7 menu choices, referring to
the ones in BASIC when you cant do more than 7...? And another example of
overwriting the Memory is that the last 15 of the 256 ASCII characters are all
the same, and are those bullet thingies... Maybe we can create our own 5x7
characters temporarily and replace those... Maybe a Backup sent to the calc
can give us some optimized menus and the new characters, but then after all
that, would a simple "Reset", reset everything back to normal?
	Hmm, some of these thing may sound very unrealistic and you can tell me where
I'm completely wrong, but lets get some info from Pat on the subjects of the
ASM available system flags, and stuff about menus. Thanks...
																	--Jason

Jason Kovacs
<Jkhum98@aol.com>