A83: Re:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: Re:

I know plenty about z80 and even about it's clock cycles.  I just don't
know how I can use something to make a delay timer long enough (since I'm
pretty sure djnz's limit is 256).  Beliefve me, I've read every tutorial
I can fin, even the online ZShell school, and TI's documentation.I know
plenty about Z80, I just need a little help.

Mastermind--benjamin99@juno.com, www.bigfoot.com/~mastermind5
IRC: Master_M
ICQ: 11341114
-Its all about the Benjamins

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998 20:24:06 +0100 Linus Akesson <lairfight@softhome.net>
writes:

>Well, first of all you should learn the z80 forwards & backwards,
>without
>asking us. Then you can come back and ask about the ti-83 system. I'm
>not
>saying you aren't welcome, but you should find some information on the
>z80
>_first_, or you'll annoy us all.
>
>Linus
>
>On 10-Jul-98, Jkhum98@aol.com wrote:
>
>>Hey I'm new to this stuff also, but i noticed that your delay loop
>was a hell
>>of a lot shorter than Alan's... it probably helped him a whole lot,
>but can
>>you explain to me what "nop" does and why you had to load "b" just
>before
>>that, and also what the "djnz" does, just give it all to me... im
>learning
>>little by little, but hey.
>

>>Jason Kovacs
>><jkhum98@aol.com>
>

>>>hahaha :)  that is a great delay routine... here, try this.  There
>is also
>
>>>one in bounce.asm in the pub/83/asm/source directory of ticalc.org.
>

>>> ld b,20
>
>>>Loop:
>
>>> nop
>
>>> djnz Loop
>

>>>you could also increase the 20.. and you could replace nop with
>halt.
>

>>>       -Ahmed

Follow-Ups: References: