No Subject

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

I'm updating my first ASM progie and I need a little help so I have a few
questions

	1.  I need an almost 1/2 second delay that doesn't take up much
space.  See my 		current pathetically inefficient current
delay below.  It takes up most of the 		program.
	2.  How do you get string input?   (It can be done e.i. Password)
	3.  How do you store string input anywhere accept a user
variavble?  (It can be done, 		also; same example)
	4.  How do you get pixel legnth for a variable legnth string?  (I
don't know if it can be 		done without too much memory
usage)

My LOOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG delay loop

KeyDelay:			; This is very inneficient but
	call	ReadEnter	; it was the only way to get
	cp	kEnter		; it to a good speed
	jp	z,exit		;
	nop			; This accounts for a lot of
	push	hl		; space this prog takes up
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	djnz	KeyDelay
	ld	b,250
KeyDelay2:
	call	ReadEnter
	cp	kEnter
	jp	z,exit
	nop
	push	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	djnz	KeyDelay2
	ld	b,250
KeyDelay3:
	call	ReadEnter
	cp	kEnter
	jp	z,exit
	nop
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	djnz	KeyDelay3
	ld	b,250
KeyDelay4:
	call	ReadEnter
	cp	kEnter
	jp	z,exit
	nop
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	djnz	KeyDelay4
	ld	b,250
KeyDelay5:
	call	ReadEnter
	cp	kEnter
	jp	z,exit
	nop
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	djnz	KeyDelay5
	ld	b,250
KeyDelay6:
	call	ReadEnter
	cp	kEnter
	jp	z,exit
	nop
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	push	hl
	pop	hl
	djnz	KeyDelay6
	jp	Loopstart

Mastermind--benjamin99@juno.com, www.bigfoot.com/~mastermind5
IRC: Master_M
ICQ: 11341114
-Its all about the Benjamins

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]