Re: A83: ROM dump help for 83 user

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: ROM dump help for 83 user

Um, my guess is that the program shouldn't be named prgmROM83, because the
parser doesn't expect numerals in program names, that only works with
datafiles and _CHKFINDSYM. Rename it before xfering it to the calc, something
like "SENDROM". If you're lucky you won't have to update the checksum in the
.83p file, otherwise I don't know what to do.

Linus

On 08-Jul-98, David Endahl wrote:

>Hello all,
>I have downloaded the Tx emulator in the hopes that I can run
>programs/play games on my computer.  I read the README file, and launched
>the ROMDUMP.EXE file, got my 83 all hooked up, and typed in all of the
>syntax for the PC (romdump ti83.rom 262144 1).  Then when I tried to run
>the ROM83 program (like it said in the README file), the only thing that
>happened was a syntax error on the calc.  The PC didn't register anything
>had happened.  I then tried sending the program to the PC via the graphlink
>cable, but that didn't work either.  My question is: what am I doing wrong?
>I know the port number is correct.  It seems to me like something should
>happen if I try to send to the PC or try to run the program.  Has anyone
>out there had this problem, and, if so, could you offer any advice?  Thanks
>a lot :)

>-David Endahl
>endahld@scnc.wmston.k12.mi.us

>"Without the band, it's just a GAME!"
>"The first half is pre-game for  the halftime show"
>"The second half is a time to prepare for the post-game show"
>"Come for the band, stay for the football"

Follow-Ups: References: