Re: A83: software modem...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A83: software modem...

>I wouldn't try a software modem.  It wouldn't be practicle on a calc.  The
>calc would do it, but it would take 2 seconds before anything could be done
>for .1 seconds...  The calc has to constantly read the data on the port and
>send data on the other.
>
>Plus, you would get off beat and your serial transmition would be junk
>since the TI calculator can't generate a steady clock signal.  You would
>have to adjust your calc's speed to match perfect serial transmitions.

No.. a hayes compatible software modem is probably not any good idea on a
calc..
but i think it would be quite possible to transmit data with an own
protocoll over the phoneline to another ti-calc..  (remote 2 player link
games?)

but then you loose some of the idea with it..  but it could still be quite
fun :)

//Olle

Follow-Ups: References: