A83: software modem...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A83: software modem...

At 17:03 1998-07-01 -0700, you wrote:

>comments on my site also. And would it be feasible to make a software
>modem for the 83? 2400? 4800? 9600? I'm not asking hardware because I
>want to know if you think that the TI to do this? All you'd have to do
>for hardware is connect each of the two phone pins to the data and
>clock pins.

you do need hardware.. because you don't want to connect you 48V (or around
that) telephone line to your poor linkport directly..  you don't need much
hardware..  but you do need some...

I think it could be done..   but not at any lightening speeds :)  at most
1200 is my guess.. (without any calculation and checking in to it..)

//Olle
//Olle

Follow-Ups: References: